Ayurveda, one of the oldest lines of treatment in India is best-known for its magical yet curative tips, which improves our body balance. And women suffering from PCOS go through a lot of hormonal imbalances. So, congratulations! Since you’ve already succeeded in Step 1 of making up your mind! Today, we’re here to provide you with the healthiest PCOS diet plan of all times. But in case you need any kind of consultation, TrustAyur is readily available with an online ayurvedic consultation for PCOS , just for you. The tips to a healthy PCOS diet plan are listed below.
Herbs to include in your diet
- Turmeric: Ayurveda suggests Turmeric for PCOS, since it has high-inflammatory properties which help you deal with insulin resistance.
- Cinnamon: It helps to regulate your menstrual cycle as well as lowers your blood sugar levels effectively.
- Ashwagandha: Ayurveda suggests ashwagandha for PCOS because of its ability to balance Kapha and Vitta.
- Liquorice root: Regular use of liquorice root can help bring down the levels of high androgen in women suffering from PCOS.
- Basil: Basil or Tulsi also has anti-androgenic properties. It improves metabolism along with the texture of your hair and skin.
List of food items to be added to your diet
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables
- Your diet needs to be rich in fiber with a low glycaemic index. Few examples are whole wheat, brown rice, wheat pasta etc.
- Include lean meat like fish in your diet.
- Start taking in more and more green leafy vegetables. These are rich in minerals and vitamins compared to any other food, playing an important role against PCOS.
- Opt for healthy carbohydrates that take longer to break down and also aids to keep you satiated for longer and prevents cravings.
- Eating more fiber can help maintain blood sugar levels and lower your cholesterol level. This helps in weight loss.
- Eat colorful vegetables like carrots, yellow and red bell peppers, tomatoes etc. These are loaded with powerful antioxidants which help women suffering from PCOS.
- Opt for organic lean cuts of meat that contain fewer hormones and pesticides, which are not genetically modified.
List of food items to be excluded from your diet
- Soya has been implicated in delayed ovulation. So, it is not recommended for women suffering from PCOS.
- Avoid eating red meat. Meat, in such cases, elevates the risks of infertility. Therefore, include other sources of protein in your diet.
- Avoid saturated fats which are generally found in animal or dairy products.
- Try to avoid refined grains (Maida) as much as possible.
Consult an expert to get Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS
Thus, if you want an Ayurvedic expert to give you pieces of advice on PCOS, consider visiting TrustAyur where you can book an online consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor for PCOS treatment in just one easy step. More so, because you can get a customized diet plan, expert opinion, and medications against PCOS, all at one place. You might also like, causes of PCOS.