We all get a little anxious here and there, it’s a part of life. Anxiety is our body’s natural response to stress. It’s a feeling of fear or apprehension about what’s to come. On the first day of school, going to a job interview, or giving a speech may cause most people to feel fearful and nervous. Getting anxious sometimes is normal. But if you start getting too anxious and you get panic attacks, hot and cold flushes, racing heart, tightening of the chest, quick breathing, restlessness, or feeling tense, wound up, and edgy, that’s when we have to take it seriously and start treatment for it. One of the Benefits of Meditation is helping with anxiety. Here we have a list of Ayurvedic home remedies for anxiety that treat anxiety naturally and without any side effects. Sounds perfect right? Also, you can book an online consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor in just one easy step and get personalized guidance.
First let’s understand what causes anxiety and if you really have it.
A big event or a buildup of smaller stressful life situations may trigger excessive anxiety — for example, a death in the family, work stress or ongoing worry about finances. People with certain personality types are more prone to anxiety disorders than others are. Other mental health disorders can also trigger anxiety.
Mental symptoms of anxiety can include:
- racing thoughts,
- uncontrollable over-thinking,
- difficulties concentrating,
- feelings of dread, panic, or ‘impending doom’,
- feeling irritable,
- heightened alertness,
- problems with sleep,
- changes in appetite,
Treatment of Anxiety
- Exercise – Exercising releases happy hormones in our body which makes it very important not just if you have anxiety but otherwise too. It makes our heart pump faster which keeps our heart healthy and it helps us remain fit. So I would highly suggest for you to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. It can be a light 30-minute walk or a full cardio workout. Do the exercise that suits you the best.
- Meditation – Meditation can help to slow racing thoughts, making it easier to manage stress and anxiety. A wide range of meditation styles, including mindfulness and meditation during yoga, may help. Read more about meditation
- Time management – I don’t think I have to say much about it. If we manage our time well we can maintain a healthy balance between work and play and lead a happy and healthy life.
- Try our Ayurvedic home remedies for anxiety. You can also check out 10 Best Ayurvedic Herbs To Use in Everyday Life
Home remedies for Anxiety:
Lavender has a calming and soothing smell, it is widely used for aromatherapy. You can put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow before sleeping, It will definitely help you relax.
Lemon balm is a lemon-scented herb that comes from the same family as mint. Early research shows that taking a single dose of lemon balm increases calmness and alertness in adults under mental stress making it one of the most effective home remedies for anxiety. Other early research shows that adding lemon balm to a food or drink reduces anxiety and improves memory and alertness during mental testing. Lemon also helps as a Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedy For dandruff
Chamomile is one of the best ayurvedic home remedies for anxiety. This daisy-like flower is synonymous with calm, making chamomile among the most well-known stress-soothing teas. Chamomile tea is readily available in the market, you can buy them and enjoy this calming drink.
The primary use of kava is reducing stress and anxiety. Research suggests that kava could help treat the symptoms of anxiety disorders. Kava have reported reduced symptoms of stress and anxiety, increased coping ability, elevated mood, improved sleep and improved physical symptoms of stress, including reduced muscle tightness, heart palpitations and jitteriness.
Consult An Ayurvedic Expert to get a consultation on Ayurvedic Medicine for Anxiety
If you want an Ayurvedic expert to suggest you ayurvedic home remedies for anxiety and help you treat it visit Trustayur where you can book an online consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor in just one easy step and get personalized guidance.